The Analytical Lab is the first step in understanding the complex issues comprising wheat quality. Here, technicians utilize state-of-the-art equipment to test grain, flour and dough quality. Looking at the results will help answer questions about how the wheat will perform when milled and made into end products. The Analytical Lab provides the foundation for all WMC programs and activities, including:
- Crop quality – Samples are collected and evaluated at harvest to inform growers and customers about the current crop. WMC also participates in national programs to test new wheat varieties being considered for release.
- Technical training courses – Grain and flour samples are tested for course participants to use in making and evaluating end products.
- Research projects – The Analytical Lab enhances WMC’s ability to perform innovative research and development.
- WMC Lab Services – Provides propriety testing and analysis for producers, millers, breeders and end users.
Major equipment includes:
- Grain – Single Kernel Characterization System (SKCS), Protein, Moisture, Ash, Wholemeal Wet Gluten, Falling Number, Sedimentation
- Flour – Protein, Moisture, Ash, Color, Wet Gluten, Falling Number, Amylograph, Rapid Visco Analyzer, Starch Damage, Bran Scan, Solvent Retention Capacity (SRC)
- Dough – Farinograph, Extensograph, Alveograph, Mixolab, Mixograph
Analysis & Testing Methods
Click here for our Lab Test Order Form.
Email the Lab Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.